Acne can quite definitely affect adults. According to Acne.org 25% of adult men and 50% of adult woman have had adult acne. The main causes are still the same, however, being hormone changes and stress, but added to this is cosmetics and resistant bacteria. Though acne can occur anywhere in the body, its usual places of occurrence include face, neck, shoulder, back, buttocks, thighs and rarely on hands and legs
1. Stress is a common factor in the production of acne in teenagers and adults. Getting a good night sleep and staying in control of homework and relationships will help reduce the production of oil and so the acne spots.
2. Eat more fish. Not only it is generally good for your health, but Omega 3 fats found in fish are essential for healthy skin and acne prevention. Best sources of Omega 3 are salmon, cod and tuna. Alternatively, you can take fish fat as a supplement.
3. Use herbal remedies for acne. A lot of herbal remedies are more effective in curing this skin condition compared to chemical treatments. Try the use of lemon juice. This should be used only at night because it can make your dermis photosensitive. Clean your face first with a gentle facial wash and apply lemon juice. It will sting a little. Massage it using a circular motion. Let it stay on your skin for about 30 minutes before washing it off.
4. The nature has gifted us with lots of herbs that possess natural skin cleansing properties. Herbs such as holy basil, aloe vera, guduchi, yasthtimadhu (licorice), neem (A. indica) etc. have been prescribed to treat various skin ailments since many years. They all have natural anti-inflammatory and anti-acne properties.
5. Some vitamins are essential for acne diet. Most important are Vitamin B5 and Vitamin A. In high doses Vitamin A gives great results to cure acne. But it can be toxic, so you shouldn’t take it without consulting your doctor. Vitamin E is also essential for good healthy skin. You can get an acne vitamin complex. A good multivitamin pill a day would also do the trick. And, of course, eating fresh fruit and veggies can help with vitamin intake, but you already knew that, right?
6. Acne of any origin requires perfect hygienic conditions to get it cured. Washing the skin (acne prompted skin) using some herbal soap or cleanser would be good idea. This will keep the skin pores opened and hence would help in preventing and healing the acne